Want to know a little blogging secret?
Seasonal content almost always out-performs regular, non-seasonal content. People like seasonal content because it is fun and engaging.
Cozy fall colors are eye catching. Winter wonderland pics are highly clickable!
For bloggers, taking advantage of seasonal topics should be a no-brainer. But so few bloggers actually do!
To make it easier for you, I’ve done all the heavy lifting. Below, you’ll find Christmas blogging ideas for every blogging niche!
I’ve broken these ideas down into niched groups. Use the table of contents to jump to your curated list.
But first, let’s talk about Christmas content ideas that ALL bloggers can use to boost views and beat holiday blues! (Hey, that rhymed!)
Blogmas is a fun way to challenge your blogging chops and build your audience. But buckle up your boots, because it’s not for the faint of heart!
The idea of Blogmas is to publish one blog post daily from December 1st until Christmas Day! Whew, that’s a lot of blogging. Why would anyone do such a crazy thing? Here are ways that Blogmas can benefit your blog:
- Plenty of clickable, shareable blog content to promote on social media
- Reusable, easy-to-edit content for next year
- Quickly create seasonal content (instead of putting it off)
- Rally your readers around a fun Christmas event on your blog
- Generate more traffic & grow your email list
- Create seasonal Pins that Pinterest will love
- Challenge your content creation skills!
- Overcome perfectionism in your blogging
- Grow as a blogger
I’m seriously considering doing Blogmas for the first time this year.
Want to join me for Blogmas? Send me an email!
Whatever niche you’re blogging in, gift lists are always a great idea! Gift lists are very shareable on Pinterest and social media. They also tend to perform well on Google!
However, the best reason to publish Christmas gift lists is to boost affiliate sales. Professional blogging is about getting that dough!
Gift lists are the perfect place to link your affiliates. Whether you are selling courses or a physical product, a Christmas list is a great bang for your buck.
Try out one of these titles for your gift list, and start blogging!
- Gift Ideas for Every (Your Reader) on Your List
- Gifts That All (Your Reader) Will Love
- Shopping for (Your Reader)? 12 Perfect Gift Ideas
If you want to grow your social media following, consider doing a Christmas giveaway!
How to Run a Giveaway
- Partner up with a brand or another account.
- Select the giveaway prize (can be a product or gift card).
- Decide on the rules for the giveaway. For example, how people can enter and how the winner will be selected.
- Set the dates for your giveaway – with a definitive end date!
- Start promoting your giveaway on the social media platform of your choice.
A giveaway isn’t a Christmas blogging idea per se. But social media engagement is an important part of blogging. Use the holiday season to your advantage and grow your followers!
Many brands sell specialized advent calendars that come with products. A blogging advent calendar is much simpler than that!
Your advent calendar can be an email sequence. Send goodies, freebies, or tips to your readers every day of December. This is a good opportunity to work with brands in your niche. Partner up to offer discounts or free trials!
An advent calendar is also good for your affiliate strategy. By offering discounts and free trials, prepare to see your affiliate sales boom.
A round-up is a collection of articles from other bloggers in your niche.
Recipe round-ups are popular with food bloggers. But they work for any blogging topic! Try a holiday-themed round-up as your next Christmas blogging idea.
Benefits of Round-Up Posts:
- Quick and easy to write and publish
- Great way to connect with other bloggers in your niche
- Offer value to your readers by introducing them to other great bloggers
- Develop trust with your readers by becoming an information source
- Highly shareable on social media
Bloggers are generally open to participating in round-ups. It’s a free backlink from them, and exposure for their blog. Don’t hesitate to reach out!
Christmas Lead Magnets
It’s always a great day to grow your email list! And really, there are no better days than the holidays. Get your thinking cap on and start brainstorming seasonal lead magnet ideas!
If you’re a travel blogger, try a holiday destination guide. Budget blogger? A holiday budgeting worksheet is a great fit. Fitness bloggers can try a clean eating cheat sheet for the holidays.
Christmas Blogging Ideas by Niche
And now for the main event…Christmas blogging ideas for every niche. Happy blogging!
Beauty + Fashion Blogs
Beauty and fashion blogs never lack for seasonal content ideas. These blog niches are evergreen! Mix and match these Christmas blogging ideas with your particular style niche. Don’t forget to market your content on social media! Beauty and fashion blogs have high shareability on Pinterest and Instagram!
- Holiday Make-Up Releases for Your Wishlist
- Festive Holiday Makeup Looks
- Ways to Style an Ugly Christmas Sweater
- Holiday Basics You Need in Your Wardrobe
- Holiday Beauty Routine Tutorial
- Fave Winter Finds
- Best (Brand) Sales Happening this Holiday Season
- Black Friday Beauty Deals You Can’t Miss
- Easy New Year’s Eve Looks
- Cute and Chic Holiday Hairstyles
- What’s on My Christmas Wish List?
- Best Holiday Presets Round-Up
- Best Winter Skin Care Products for Dry Skin
- Top Holiday Trends this Season
- Minimal Holiday Looks
- Holiday Photo Ideas for the Gram
- Winter Hair Care Tips
- Winter Boots for Your Wardrobe
Digital Marketing Blogs
Do you blog about blogging, social media, or online business? Yes, there are plenty of Christmas blogging ideas for you, too! Maximize your traffic and engagement with some seasonal blog posts.
- How to Increase Holiday Affiliate Sales
- Holiday Email Sequence Ideas
- Christmas Blog Post Ideas
- How to Create a Christmas Content Plan
- Christmas Content Calendar Ideas
- How to Write Viral Christmas Content
- Holiday Pinterest Trends
- Holiday Instagram Trends
- How to Automate Your Blog for the Holidays
- Black Friday Deals on Digital Marketing Courses
- How to Launch an End of Year Course
- Christmas Pinterest Templates
- Seasonal Instagram Story Ideas
- How to Prep Your Blog for the Holidays
- Christmas Freebie Ideas
DIY + Craft Blogs
DIY content is trending all year round. Seasonal crafting content is off-the-charts viral when it hits Pinterest! For an extra boost, film a Facebook video or a TikTok to accompany your blog post. Then, sit back and watch the clicks roll in!
- Favorite Holiday Crafts
- A Day in the Life of Holiday Crafting
- Christmas DIYS for Holiday Savings
- How to Make Money with Holiday Crafts
- DIY Ornament Ideas for a Trendy Tree
- Best Holiday Movies for Your Next Crafting Session
- DIY Alternative Wrapping Ideas
- DIY Christmas Gifts Everyone Will Love
- Christmas Candle-Making Tips
- Holiday Craft Ideas Round-Up
- DIY Christmas Card Ideas
- Best Holiday Deals on Craft Supplies
- Holiday Crafting Events
- Favorite Christmas Craft Tools
- DIY Christmas Family Photo Shoot Tips
- Artsy Christmas Cookie Ideas
- DIY Christmas Decorations
- Quick and Easy Christmas Sewing Projects
- DIY Holiday Party Games
- DIY Christmas Lawn Decorations
- Christmas Crafts for Kids
- 12 Days of Christmas Crafts
- DIY Activity Basket for Holiday Road Trips
Fitness + Health Blogs
Let’s be honest. The holidays aren’t the most lucrative time for fitness bloggers. (January, here’s lookin at you!) However, millions of people have resolved to maintain their health goals over the holidays. It’s time to write content for those amazing individuals! Fitness bloggers, your readers need you now more than ever. Time to “sleigh” that health content!
- How to Stick to Your Fitness Goals Over the Holidays
- Work Out Tips for Holiday Travels
- Healthy Christmas Cookie Alternatives
- How to Eat Clean at Holiday Parties
- Christmas Cardio Routine for Blasting Fat
- Winter Yoga Flow
- Quick HIIT Routines for Your Crazy Holiday Schedule
- Best Christmas Workout Music
- Fitness Trackers for Your Christmas Wish List
- Work Out Equipment for Your Holiday Wish List
- Holiday Deals on Fitness Gear
- Holiday Deals on Fitness Programs
- 12 Days of Crossfit Challenge
- Clean Winter Meal Ideas
- Best Winter Produce and Health Benefits
- Tips for Winter Runners
- Best Winter Sports for a Good Calorie Burn
- Holiday Meal Prep Ideas
- Winter Supplements that Your Body Needs
- Indoor Workouts for Winter
- Best Free Indoor Workout Programs for Winter
- Holiday Hacks for Staying Healthy
- Best Low-Calorie Cocktails for Some Holiday Fun
- Vegan Eats for the Holidays
- Holiday Food Journaling Ideas
- How to Lose Weight this Christmas Season
- How to Drink More Water this Winter
- Winter Health Hacks
- Mental Health Exercises for Winter Blues
- Holiday Stress Management Tips
Finance + Budgeting Blogs
Christmas is a time when many people throw financial caution to the wind. Let’s just not worry about money for one month! We all know the money troubles that one lavish holiday season can bring. Help your readers have an affordable, memorable holiday with these Christmas blog post ideas!
- How to Meet Your EOY Income Goals
- Christmas Budget Tips
- Buying Christmas Gifts on a Budget
- Free Holiday Activities
- Holiday Stock Market Trends
- Affordable Gift Ideas Kids Will Love
- Cheap Gift Wrapping Ideas
- Meal Planning for the Holidays
- Personal Finance Books for Your Holiday Wish List
- Holiday Finance Hacks
- How to Avoid Using Credit Cards for Christmas Shopping
- EOY Personal Finance Tips
- How to Simplify Holiday Spending
- How to Change your Holiday Spending Mindset
- Christmas Savings Challenge
- Christmas Shopping with Cash
- Improve Your Credit Over the Holidays
- Christmas Budgeting Mistakes to Avoid
- Creative Holiday Investment Ideas
- Holiday Side-Hustle Ideas
- How to Have a Memorable (and Affordable) Family Christmas
- Christmas Coupon Code Round-Up
- Apps to Save You Money This Holiday Season
- Affordable Housewarming Gift Ideas for Your Next Christmas Party
Food + Drink Blogs
Nothing marks the holiday season quite like food and drink. From Christmas cookies to cocktails on New Year’s Eve, holiday recipes are at the heart of the season. Food bloggers do well to produce seasonal content often. There’s no better time to try out one of these Christmas blogging ideas!
- Best Christmas Cookie Recipes
- Creative Christmas Cookie Designs
- Must-Have Christmas Dinner Recipes
- Easy Side-Dish Recipes for Your Next Holiday Party
- Creative Christmas Desserts to Wow Your Guests
- Favorite Winter Go-To Meal
- 5 Ingredient Winter Crockpot Dinners
- Seasonal Winter Produce: What to Buy
- My Christmas Grocery Haul
- Winter Baking Tips
- Festive Christmas Breakfast Ideas
- Best Restaurants for Christmas Dinner
- Creative Christmas Cocktails
- Meatless Holiday Dinner Ideas
- Best Gluten-Free Cookie Recipes
- Holiday Baking Tools for Your Wish List
- Best Holiday Wines
- Christmas Dinners Across the Globe
- What To Do with Leftover Ham
- How to Cook a Christmas Ham in 3 Easy Steps
- Holiday Dinner Themed Menu Ideas
- Baking Substitute Hacks
- My Favorite Holiday Cookbooks
- Edible Stocking Stuffer Ideas
- Kid-Friendly Christmas Recipes
It’s the most wonderful time of the year – to be a parent! The holiday season is all about festivities, fun, and family. Help your readers get creative with their kiddos this year. It’s the perfect time to be a parenting blogger. Take full advantage!
- Christmas Snacks for Your Toddler
- Productivity Tips for Working at Home on the Holidays
- Christmas Activities Your Teenager Will Actually Enjoy
- Christmas Meal Prep Ideas for the Whole Family
- Holiday Mom Hacks
- Saving Money on Christmas Gifts
- Fun Holiday Outings for the Whole Family
- Holiday Bonding Ideas for Siblings
- Christmas Games for a Snow Day
- Tips for Holiday Travel with Kids
- Cute Christmas Photo Ideas
- Guide to Baby’s First Christmas
- Tips for Christmas Pregnancy
- Cute Shower Ideas for Your Christmas Baby
- Winter Maternity Fashion Trends
- Holiday Tips for the Single Mom
- Christmas Outings that are Perfect for Toddlers
- Keeping Your Kids Healthy for the Holidays
- Important Lessons to Teach Your Children at Christmas
- Setting Up a Christmas Craft Center for Your Kids
- Christmas Shopping on a Budget
- Homemade Holiday Decor Ideas
- Christmas Baby Photography Ideas
- Healthy Holiday Baby Food
- Winter Activities for Toddlers
- Christmas Crafts for Toddlers
- Organization Tips for the Holidays
- Holiday Self-Care Tips for Moms
- Donating Old Toys Before Christmas
- Surviving Christmas Break as a Stay-at-Home Parent
- Life Skills to Teach Your Kids this Holiday Season
- Holiday Road Trip Hacks
- Tips for Finding a Babysitter During Holiday Season
- Christmas Gift Guides by Age
- Holiday Tradition Ideas for Every Age
Yes, dog moms (and dads) are parents, too! Try these pet-friendly Christmas blogging ideas for your holiday content calendar.
- Why Christmas Is (or Isn’t) the Perfect Time to Adopt
- Snowy Weather Dog-Walking Essentials
- National Cat Lovers Month
- Cute Christmas Outfits for Your Pet
- Holiday Pet Photography Tips
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Furry Friend
- Pet Products to Put on Their Christmas Wish List
- DIY Christmas Pet Presents
- Pet-Friendly Holiday Treats
- Finding a Pet Sitter for the Holidays
- Tips for Handling Holiday Pet Stress
- How to Prep Your Pet for Winter
- Pet Vitamins for Cold Weather
- Holiday Pet Trends to Try
- Christmas Pet Events
- Cute Instagram Ideas for Your Pet’s Account
- Holiday Travel with a Pet
- How to Care for Your Pet in Cold Weather
- Best Pet-Friendly Christmas Cookie Recipes
- Pet Grooming Tips for Winter
- Christmas Activities for Your Pet
Last but not least are travel blogs, which are very near and dear to my heart. (Have you visited my travel blog?) Holiday jet-setters around the world look to travel bloggers for the latest tips, tricks, and top destinations. Strap in for these Christmas blogging ideas. 3, 2, 1, – take off!
- How to Find Cheap Tickets for the Holidays
- Top Destinations for a Magical Christmas
- Best Christmas Destinations for Couples
- Holiday Road Trip Hacks
- Tips for Your First International Christmas
- Black Friday Deals from Every Airline
- My Favorite Travel Apps for Holiday Travel
- Traveling with Gifts: A Packing Guide
- Solo Traveling Through the Holidays: Do’s and Don’ts
- Holiday Airport Hacks for Avoiding Lines
- How to Score Cheap Stays for Christmas
- How to Decorate Your Tiny Home for the Holidays
- Travel Gadgets for Your Wanderlust Wish List
- The Ultimate Guide to a Disneyland Christmas
- Christmas in the Sand: Best Holiday Beach Destinations
- Christmas Delicacies Around the World
- What to Do If Your Holiday Flight is Cancelled
- Holiday Homesickness: Tips for Expats
- Holiday Content Ideas for Your Travelgram
- The Complete Guide to Christmas Travel
- Cities with the Wildest Christmas Traditions
- How to Choose a Christmas Destination
- Christmas in a Carry-On: Packing Guide
- The Ultimate Christmas Road Trip in (Country)
- Volunteering Abroad for the Holidays
- Budget Christmas Destinations
- Holiday Travel Essentials
- Traveling with Children this Christmas
- Guide to Christmas Activities in (City)
- Best Christmas Photo Spots in (City)
- Ultimate Holiday Travel Bucket List
- Best Christmas Weekend Trips
- Top Ten Snowy Scenic Drives
- Romantic Christmas Destinations
- Non-Touristy Christmas Activities in (City)
- Free Things To Do in (City) this Christmas
- Best Holiday Eats in (City)
Christmas Blogging Tips
Which holiday blog posts have you decided to add to your content schedule? Let me know in the comments!
Remember: be consistent with your seasonal blogging strategy. Don’t forget to publish your Christmas content well before Christmas day! You need to allow time for your readers to find your post – and share it!
Speaking of which, sharing is caring! Don’t forget to pin this list of Christmas blogging ideas to your blogging board on Pinterest! You can also share on Instagram, Facebook, and more. Thank you!